Need to complain?

Let us explain

We want everything we do to be the best it can be. But if something goes wrong, we'll sort it out quickly and fairly.

The whole team know the process we follow to fix mistakes (we're always training them). And we keep a close eye on complaints to spot problems and stop them happening again.

We hope our service will always be up to scratch. But if it isn't, tell us. We'll make sure we do better next time.

If you need to complain, here are a few things you need to know.

Our regulator's the FCA

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulate all financial products, which mean they regulate our personal contract hire lease. If you're unhappy with your lease, you can tell us over the phone or in writing. For the FCA to see it as an official complaint, you should let us know how or why you think you have:

  • lost money
  • been upset because of something we've done
  • been put out or had your time wasted by us.

If you aren’t happy with our reply, those are the points you’ll need to cover if you go to the FCA.

The FCA look at lease problems, we look at everything

If we have fallen short in some other way, you can tell us about that, too. It's always best to write to the person or department you've been dealing with (email) as they'll be able to sort your problem soonest. It helps us to have a written copy of your worry, but if it's easier for you to phone, please do.

You can email Tom and the team on [email protected].

Or you can write to us at:

Customer Services
ZenAuto Limited, Number One,
Great Exhibition Way,
Kirkstall Forge,
Leeds LS5 3BF

To help us fix things speedily, please tell us:

  • your name
  • how you'd like us to get in touch, giving us your phone number or email address
  • everything we need to know about your complaint - including what we did or didn't do and when
  • what you'd like us to do to put things right

What we'll do once you've complained

First, we'll log your complaint on our system to make sure we've got all the details. Then we'll get the team to look into it and agree what to do next.

If we can see you were right to complain, we'll let you know what we'll do to fix the problem. The FCA call that "upholding a complaint".

We won't keep you waiting

Here's what you can expect us to do and when.

Day one: uh oh, something's gone wrong...

You email, write or call us to officially complain.

Within five days...

That's how quickly we'll write to you (if not sooner) to run you through our complaints process.

If we've already fixed the problem or agreed what we'll do next, we'll tell you. The FCA call that our "Final Response".

Between five days and four weeks later...

If we haven't solved the problem by the time we send our first letter, we'll keep updating you while we work on it. The more complicated the problem, the more time we will need to make sure we find out exactly what happened. 

Eight weeks later...

If we still haven't solved the problem, we'll let you know what's holding things up and tell you when you can expect an answer.

The Financial Ombudsman Service says that anyone who's waited eight weeks or longer for an answer can complain to them, too. We hope you won't want to do that, but we'll give you all their contact details just in case. That includes a leaflet to guide you through their official complaint process.

What to expect in our "Final Response" letter

We'll give you a summary of:

  • what you were complaining about and why
  • everything we did to look into it
  • what we found - which should answer everything you complained about
  • what we'll do to fix the problem (if we agree we need to)

And, if we've decided to pay you compensation, we'll give you a clear breakdown of how we worked out the amount.

Who are the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)?

Parliament set up the FOS to sort out complaints between financial businesses and their customers. If you go to them with an eligible complaint, they'll fix it for free.

As we've said, if we haven't solved your complaint in eight weeks, or if you're unhappy with our "Final Response", you can go to the FOS. They'll be happy to help for up to six months after you've had your "Final Response" from us.

If you've complained, we'll send you the FOS' contact details and give you a leaflet to talk you through their process. You can also find their details here.

And you can write to them here:

The Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
London E14 8SR

The FOS is approved by The European Commission

The European Commission manages an official Online Dispute Resolution platform to help customers and businesses sort out problems without going to court. If you have a complaint and you don't think we've fixed it, you need to choose an approved body, like the FOS to handle it for you. The European Commission has approved the BVRLA, too. You can read more about it here.